Monday, May 30, 2011

How it Began..

I ventured out taking pictures with a cell phone camera (not even
point & shoot). The pictures would be of anything - trees, clouds,
portraits, sunsets. But the clicking was incessant and the equation
would be deeper with every click. I learnt with each press of the
button and my compositions’ richness graph, amongst other photography
elements, was climbing steadily.
I’d look at an image and knew that twas a good one and not regular
amateur; my aesthetics were in place. But what made it so and how I
did it, I wouldn’t be able to figure out. But the Love affair had
began…and it was growing on me like the plague. I bought my first
DSLR. I declared the relationship forever – people recognized us as
One. There were the textbook fears, questions and insecurities of
making Photography my profession. The obvious notions played on my
mind - it doesn’t pay that well or may be the cash flow isn’t steady
or limited options for its career path in our country. I pushed all
these various juggling thoughts aside and decided to marry it; no
looking back. I believe, there shouldn’t be any fear in Love.
I won several awards & attended workshops. Also, I briefly assisted a
photographer on a National Geographic assignment, which immensely
taught me many technical aspects, followed by a course in creative
photography. I evolved as an artist and will always be in that process
of rising. The day that stops, life stops.

No comments: